dimarts, 25 de novembre del 2008

Wish


One thing I wish for stands out this morning full of dust,
it rests on small details, not easy to describe,
like the way you cast shadows, down at the seaside;
you might wonder whether one can have it
at the front door or where the street ends,
and while the answer to that is not easy to find,
when daylight fades it stirs my mind
to the point where even then it feels like a knife thrust.

This little wish comes from dairy farming up in Killyleagh,
goes round in circles searching for a path which should be straight,
it's been long now since I last saw a naked full moon,
about the same length in time it takes to see some feelings bloom,
and as the air I keep breathing is still thick,
distress invades my mind as a shattered wall of bricks,
it is about time to see the beach in Stranford Lough again,
I guess I should do it, even to ease this pain.

So, in all, my wish becomes an all-purpose
while searches for life, for the lost and found,
reaches a stage where surpasses my senses,
my fate, my mirror, my mind to be sound,
gains depth, width, height, dimension,
wants to be yours without further exception.